Change/Add DNS Records in an existing Domain

I Would like to add dns records on my website domain which someone created for me a while back, and I dont have the login details, can you please assist me,

Thanks
Regards

Which Web hosting provider? because my domain is registered with 000webhost.com

What domain then?

000webhost free hosting does NOT provide DNS control: you can only use the limited functions with 000webhost.

If you want FULL DNS control you need to go premium, add cname records, txt records, mx etc.

6a. primnsfqdn : ns02.000webhost.com
6b. primnsip :
6c. primnsipv6 :
6e. secns1fqdn : ns01.000webhost.com

Can I get help changing the above to my preferred IP?

Can you explain further sorry?

The situation is that we have a domain registered to a different Service Provider www.fedishia.co.za

and it turns out that the domain has DNS records configured to the above hosts.

All I want to do is to change the hosts to a different IP

Do I make sense?

I have no idea no sorry.
I have checked your URL you posted fedishia.co.nz and it appears to point at ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com?

If you want to change this then visit https://hetzner.co.za/ and login and change them?

Hi

This is the email I got from the Consultant at Hetzner

Dear Dunisani

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have investigated and found that the domain ‘fedishia.co.za’ does not have any DNS records.

When doing a lookup on the domain’s Whois records, I notice that it uses name servers from a company named ‘000webhost.com’:

http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=fedishia.co.za&Enter=Enter

If you have not done so yet, please log into your domain’s DNS tool at ‘000webhost.com’ and point its records at our server IP: 129.232.249.138

If you do not have access to the DNS tool yourself, please consider contacting the technical staff at ‘000webhost.com’ and to request that they add the DNS records on your behalf.

Kind Regards,

Frank du Toit

Senior Consultant

Hetzner (Pty) Ltd

You cannot change DNS at 000webhost.com sorry.

You purchase a domain from a registrar: as far as I can see you purchased your domain from Hetzner?

You then configure your DNS at a registrar: so you could configure your DNS at Hetzner

Or am I missing something?

For example I purchased Infinity.com from GoDaddy.com so I manage my DNS there.
I have pointed my nameservers to 000webhost.com VIA GoDaddy.com
I now have my site displayed, I cannot manage my DNS at 000webhost.com

https://hetzner.co.za/help-centre/?s=DNS

Hi

I read through the links thank you. I then contacted hetzner support and this is their response

Unfortunately im just going back and forth and the is no solution to this

Dear Dunisani

Thank you for your email.

We at Hetzner do not control the DNS settings for “fedishia.co.za” as when performing a lookup on the domain it is making use of:

Name Server: ns01.000webhost.com

Name Server: ns02.000webhost.com

In this regard I can only recommend contacting the company “000webhost.com” in order to add the necessary records.

Should you require further assistance in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Shaun Nortier

Support Consultant

Hetzner (Pty) Ltd - Winning awards since 2003

what dns record you want to add?

if you have pointed to 000wehbost then DNS manager has very limited functionality. ability to change MX record.

what record do you need exactly?

fedishia.co.za Doesn’t load even though you’ve pointed it to hosting on 000webhost.
Have you set web address and linked your domain with your account?
If not then head to Hetzner and reset the nameservers to Hetzner nameservers then you can change your DNS at Hetzner.

What do you want to achieve at the end of the day?

Thank you that is what I will do, some guy at Hetzner will assist me to do that, I cannot do it in their control panel, had to send an email to admin, I dont understand why they didn’t tell me this in the first place,

I want the domain to be up, and be able to control it

1 Like

What are you needing at the end of the day what is the IP address for?
Do you wish to have your site load files from 000webhost or not?

If you want the domain to be online and accessible just visit 000webhost.com, signup or login and set web address and then park domain and the it will say ready and then manage, link to your account.
Your site will display within minutes.

The domain is now with hetzner I would like to manage it from them , the IP is a hetzner server

If you want to have your domain dns control then use “cname” to point towards 000webhost.(Not Name Servers.)

So do you even have a hosting account here to have files on?
If you’ve a server with Hetzner you can upload your site there to display from?